Staff Accountant - Corporate
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
THE JIST: Reconciles all Company cash bank accounts.
Return to Search
• Reconciles all Company US cash bank accounts, including all store depository, main concentration and disbursement accounts.
• Reconciles all Canadian cash bank accounts and credit card accounts.
• Records and/or reviews automated sweep entries that transfer cash between bank accounts.
• Records and/or reviews automated treasury entries for outgoing wires and ACH’s.
• Performs automated bank reconciliation function to reconcile depository accounts.
• Serves as administrator of ReconNet, an automated account reconciliation tool.
• Communicates with Accounts Payable and Operations Accountants to resolve outstanding reconciling items and to research discrepancies.
• Prepares journal entries to clear reconciling items.
• Assists in the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts.
• Follows standardized processes and procedures to complete most responsibilities; may be depended on to weigh alternatives and choose the best solution or course of action.
• Utilizes information that is typically straight-forward and readily available; may be asked to perform further research (independently or under general supervision) and/or complete light analysis.
• Works under regular supervision, but is expected to take independent action when appropriate.
• May coordinate tasks of others in similar roles or coordinate across functional areas, departments, or with vendors.
• Works with supervisor to determine short-term priorities; primary goals directly align to and support department’s short-term objectives.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
• 2 or more years of bank reconciliation experience
•Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, such as normal account balances and an understanding of the general ledger.
• Proficiency in Excel.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.