World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Return to Search
Participate in annual assessment of risks to financial statement reporting and identification of internal controls mitigating such risks. Responsible for testing identified controls to support management’s annual report regarding effectiveness of controls over financial statement reporting, as required by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Work with appropriate Company personnel to enhance business practices and internal controls and report findings for improvement or compliance in written reports.
• Perform business process walk-throughs
• Research and develop internal audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
• Perform the planning and execution of regulatory, financial and operational audits, compliance audits and special projects.
• Assist in audits of internal controls.
• Review auditor’s or consultant’s work and make recommendations by providing review notes.
• Report audit findings and any deficiencies identified to Senior Director of Internal Audit.
• Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business process controls.
• Create audit programs for new initiatives or processes.
• Provide advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets.
• Assist in the development, adherence to and revisions to Company policies and procedures.
• Perform a wide variety of ad hoc special projects.
• Has discretion to make independent decisions in matters that may significantly impact the functional area
• Encounters problems with a mix of ambiguous and standardized solutions
• Must frequently choose between alternative options that consider the broad impact of the decision
• Prioritization of work is typically determined by the incumbent, with input and guidance from the manager
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given weight
• Has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies or recommend programs that will directly impact the functional area
• Short-term goals are typically set by the incumbent in close collaboration with the manager
• Short-term goals have a direct impact on long-term goals of the functional area and/or organization
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or relevant field
• Minimum 4 years of audit experience
• CPA or CIA preferred
• Public accounting experience preferred
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards.
• Strong listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic.
• Ability to discreetly handle confidential and sensitive matters.
• Ability to think strategically and assist in the identification and development of improved controls.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form with all levels of management, including leading/facilitating meetings and presentations.
• Ability to recognize and act on deviations from both GAAP and sound internal control principles;
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
• Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
• Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.