Store Support Center, TX
1221 S. Belt Line Rd
Dallas, TX 75220
Job Title: Data Engineer
Return to Search
Department: Information Technology
The Data Engineer will be tasked with managing data movement and storage for Dave & Buster’s. Works closely with members of the Information Technology department to support, design and implement data solutions through a iterative process with end users.
• Works across Technology, Vender, and D&B operational and executive teams for data-related and insight needs.
• Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and other technical tools.
• Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate accountability, prioritize tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Create, maintain, and optimize data environments needed to satisfy defined business requirements in on-premise and hosted environments.
• Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
• Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building
• Prioritization of work is typically determined by the team
• Will frequently makes recommendations to end users to drive better outcomes
• Has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies or recommend programs that will directly impact the functional area
• Coordinate communications with IT Support of updates, changes, and issues.
• Monitor, maintain, and provide on-call support for production data environments.
• 3 - 7 years of data engineering or relevant industry experience
• Preferred Computer Science, Mathematics, and Software Engineering degree
(Qualifications - The minimum level of specific skills or abilities one must possess to be considered for this job, such as computer skills, communication skills, leadership ability, analytical ability, etc.)
• Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, SQL, MDX or similar languages
• Proficiency with reporting tools such as Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, QlikView, Foundry, etc.
• Experience with SQL database and design including stored procedures, triggers, and views (SQL Server, Oracle, mysql, Pyspark).
• Windows Server knowledge is helpful (powershell, scripting, performance metrics checks, event viewer)
• Experience with data warehousing, Azure or AWS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.