Interested in joining the D&B FAM? Stop by and interview with us! We host open interviews Mondays throughThursdays from 11am until 4pm.
Dave & Buster's is proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of The Best Employers for Women
and one of The Best Employers for Diversity in 2021.
Text - Fun Jobs to 214-441-6949 to schedule an interview
At Dave and Buster’s the safety of our team members and guests is our top priority! We are committed to delivering the high standards you have come to know and expect from us as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. Our operations are in compliance with all CDC recommended guidelines including: enhanced cleaning and sanitation practices, following social distancing protocols and providing our team members with gloves and masks to keep themselves and our guests safe.
POSITION SNAPSHOT: Our Captain position ensures Guests' initial impressions with Dave & Buster's are positive and welcoming. The Captain's position requires a strong communicator who will guide our Guests through their Midway, retail, game rental and dining experiences. Our Captains also act as an initial point of contact in the enforcement of house policies and maintaining the safety and security of the unit.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
- Delivers an unparalleled Guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Acts as an initial point of contact in matters concerning safety and security in all areas: front door, Viewpoints, Midway, bar areas, kitchen and back of house areas, dining areas, private event rooms and restrooms.
- Acts as ambassador to the building, assisting Guests with all requests and answers questions as needed.
- Greets Guests with a positive attitude and enthusiasm while performing multiple job functions. Smiles and greets Guests upon entering.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Provides timely and accurate service while managing wait times and communicating information as needed to Guests, Team Members and Managers.
- Competently diffuses difficult Guest situations while protecting the integrity and safety of our staff, building and house policies.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the Viewpoint and Midway areas.
- Assists in the cleanliness and organization of the rental equipment. Ensures all billiard supplies are stocked, properly cleaned and maintained to maximize costs and decrease loss.
- Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Brings all areas up to standard.
- Assists in the rental of Billiards and Shuffleboards, maintaining and resetting the area after each use.
- Assists with the set up and break down of special events functions as directed by management.
- Provides game assistance by promptly notifying Support Technicians or Management as needed.
- Assists and directs Guests to Kiosk areas and answer questions as needed.
- Ensures that our Guests adhere to house policies as outlined and informs management of any issues.
- Bids farewell to Guests leaving. Ensures everything was satisfactory and invites Guests to return.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or as business dictates.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company Team Members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum Team Member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and communicate in English.
STUFF OUR ATTORNEYS MAKE US WRITE:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the Team member will regularly be required to:
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in environments with both hot and cold temperatures such as freezers and around cooking equipment.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Read and write handwritten notes.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend, stoop, mop, sweep and wipe frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
Previous customer service or host experience a plus
equal opportunity employer