Transaction Tax Accountant
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
*The Fun Description
Return to Search
Assists in analysis of financial records to determine sales, use, amusement, and liquor tax liabilities by performing the following duties:
• Examines accounts and records and computes sales, use, amusement, and liquor taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Prepares necessary City, County and State tax returns related to such liabilities.
• Ensures that organization complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements for sales, use, amusement, and liquor tax.
• Ensures payments made to City, County, and State are accurate and on a timely basis.
• Calculates use tax due, according to local tax rates, on asset and expense purchase invoices that do not have tax included and records appropriate journal entries.
• Coordinates with external consultants on detailed information requested by auditors. Runs GL detail reports, pulls fixed asset invoice copies and expense invoices.
• Performs and maintains account reconciliations for sales, use and liquor tax accounts by reconciling each account monthly and recording journal entries as necessary.
• Corresponds with various government taxing authorities regarding notices on sales, use, amusement and liquor taxes and income/franchise taxes.
• Organizes and maintains tax records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferably with a tax emphasis and zero to two years related work experience and/or training. CorpSales experience a plus, but not required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales tax, interest, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, and we gather monthly to visit over “refreshments”
We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.