Operations Staff Accountant
Corporate Headquarters - Dallas, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
Maintains, analyzes and presents financial statements for multiple units. Within this, the Operations Staff Accountant performs the following duties.
Return to Search
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs audits of expense transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company and GAAP guidelines.
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions.
• Reviews monthly and interim operating results for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Company policies.
• Assists store personnel, multi-unit operators, and corporate personnel with accounting issues and research.
• Assists with operations initiatives that impact the store or region financial statements.
• Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements at stores and in corporate office.
• Performs account reconciliation and analysis on selected accounts. Reviews support for various expense and payment calculations.
• Assists in the testing and documentation of internal control procedures and assistance in fulfilling with information requests by external auditors, regulatory agencies, and management.
• Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
• Conducts presentations of financial results to Operations and Management.
• Clearly and concisely articulates variance/shifts in trends and causes/solutions.
• Completes other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for the following end-of-period items:
• Reviews end-of-period financial reports and analyzes data
• Prepares journal entries to maintain general ledger
• Reviews and responds to questions sent by the store management
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have intermediate computer knowledge with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
• Non typical office environment. We have games in the lobby, a billiard table in the break room, Shuffleboard up front and we gather monthly to visit over “refreshments”
• We work hard, we play hard and we have FUN!
• And because we are so focused on guest service, the job also includes the ever popular "other duties as assigned".
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer where required by law.