Accounting Systems Manager
World Headquarters, TX
2481 Manana Drive
Dallas, TX 75220
THE JIST: Manages the utilization and integrity of the PeopleSoft Accounting applications from the user side. Provides financial report and process design, implementation and maintenance support for the Accounting Team and Company management.
Return to Search
• Provides user maintenance for PeopleSoft Financial and Payroll applications including testing of system updates and modifications
• Provide financial report design, testing and maintenance for management and Accounting
• Coordinate monthly financial close process including report integrity, distribution and archival
• Key liaison between Accounting and IT related to system performance and maintenance
• Training Accounting end users related to system functions and utilization
• Ensures compliance of established internal controls for area of responsibility
• Evaluate business process requirements versus system capabilities, determine appropriate solutions and implement changes
• Has a large degree of independence in managing a team and setting and interpreting policies
• Accountable for setting team’s short-term goals, and has input in department’s long-term and strategic goals
• Encounters problems with a mix of ambiguous and standardized solutions
• Receives general direction from manager, but has authority to prioritize own workload and that of direct reports
• Frequently makes recommendations that are given significant weight, and has some authority to modify processes, interpret policies, or recommend programs that will directly impact the business
• Holds ultimate accountability for short-term goals of the functional area
• Typically directly manages at least one Individual Contributor or Professional/Analyst. In rare circumstances may not manage people, but may closely manage a large number of outside vendors and/or projects with significant impact on the business
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or IT
• Three to five years related experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to design and implement team structure, hire and motivate employees
• Strong knowledge of US Generally accepted Accounting Principles
• Strong research, process flow and strategic thinking skills
• Strong systems/ technical skills related to systems applications and Microsoft Office products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Dave and Buster's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.